Support Group Lead
Support Group LeadDakar, Senegal • View all jobs
We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Now, we have millions of users across six countries and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that's where you come in.....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Customer Support Group lead who is dynamic and excited about giving the best experience to customers. You will manage a team and ensure the quality of customer service by resolving various customer tickets.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage the customer support day-to-day functions of your team.
- Respond and escalate customer support issues.
- Implement customer support processes to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Formulate and revise customer support policies and promote their implementation.
- Inform the team of all new information related to products, procedures, and trends.
- Assess support statistics and prepare detailed reports on the findings.
- Delivering performance evaluations and following the disciplinary process according to company policy.
- Have 1-on-1s every month with the customer support representatives assigned to you.
- Report relevant information to the support team leads for the excellent functioning of the service.
- Assess Support representatives monthly.
- Listen to phone calls and improve quality.
- Location: Dakar
- Work authorization in Senegal is required.
- This is a permanent position.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We offer generous health insurance for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space.
- Fluency in Wolof, French, and English.
- 1+ year experience as Customer Service Manager or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communication, or a related discipline.
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done: work flexible hours.
- Can think strategically and lead.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Are a diplomatic speaker.
- Have a teamwork spirit.
- Are available every day of the week, including weekends if necessary.
- You have significant experience managing a large team of Support Representatives.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world.
- We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We raised the largest Series A in Africa in 2021. Our world-class investors, include Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
- In 2022, we were on Y Combinator's top 50 companies by revenue.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
We review applications frequently and recommend that you apply to the role that most closely aligns with your skills, experience and career goals.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.