Resource Planning Manager
Resource Planning ManagerCote d'Ivoire • View all jobs
We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Now, we have millions of users across six countries and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that's where you come in.....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for an experienced Resource Planning Manager who will support our large multi-site teams across all of our operating countries. You will provide forecasting and scheduling expertise to our growing, in-house customer support team. Great customer experience is a key part of Wave’s success and you will create accurate forecasts, translate them into innovative schedules so support teams give our customers the fastest response times across all channels.
You will be customer obsessed and work closely with support and product leaders to adapt and manage the impact of shifting to digital, the launch of new products, the expansion to new markets whilst keeping a close track on our cost to serve by delivering world class resource management.
In this role you’ll;
- Own headcount forecasting, planning, scheduling & reporting
- Support country leaders by providing clear forecasts and schedules for their teams to allow their focus on operational performance execution.
- Resource allocation: support the Country Lead and the team in making real-time decisions on staffing levels, skill assessments, adjustments to meet changing demands and maintaining an optimal balance between service quality & operational cost efficiency.
- Support Country Leads to implement and enforce adherence to schedules, breaks, and other performance metrics, to maximize productivity and meet service level agreements.
- Work with the support director and finance in terms of opex budget planning and telephony cost controls
- Prepare and deliver regular real-time performance reports on support rep performance to management, highlighting key performance indicators and areas for improvement.
- Oversee tool ownership, metrics and analytics
- Improve the quality of existing metrics and ensure adherence to them across teams
- Own schedule adherence in Puzzel and rollout & onboarding across support teams
- Support Country Lead in delivering OKRs
- Manage quality control and knowledge-building
- Be reactive and supportive of live “incident/bug” management
- Push leads to be more proactive/responsive to bug or incident reporting and escalation
- Establish appropriate playbooks of response and update them accordingly for bug reporting and emergency response as processes evolve
- Relationship Building
- This role will build cross-functional relationships with other stakeholders to anticipate any changes in contact flow to support (Product/Marketing/Payments etc ) and act as “Gatekeeper”
- Communication and influence: able to effectively communicate actions and guidelines to be followed by GLs/Reps.
- Facilitate real-time communication with Country Leads and across all departmental GLs/TLs to coordinate responses to emerging issues, ensuring a unified approach to problem resolution
- Location: You'll work from our office in Cote d’Ivoire and will travel to our different operating countries.
- This is a permanent position
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We offer generous health insurance for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer 26 weeks parental leave for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers, in addition to subsidized child care when they return to work
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluency in English & French.
- Experience in large multi-site contact center operations (>1000 persons)
- Experience in forecasting demand and optimizing schedules
- Exceptional Google Suite skills
- Strong analytical skills in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Excellent communication skills
- 5+ years of management experience
- 2+ years of SQL and or comparable coding experience
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have a very strong sense of character and integrity
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets
- Have experience working with Puzzel Workforce Management platform, or a comparable workforce management platform
- Have experience with Twilio Flex
- Can analyze real-time data to identify trends, bottlenecks, and opportunities for immediate improvement, providing actionable insights to leadership and cross-functional teams
- Have experience living, and working with companies operating in Senegal, Ivory Coast and the wider Francophone region
- Have experience working with large call center companies in Africa, North America or Europe
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world.
- We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We raised the largest Series A in Africa in 2021. Our world-class investors, include Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
- In 2022, we were on Y Combinator's top 50 companies by revenue.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
We review applications frequently and recommend that you apply to the role that most closely aligns with your skills, experience and career goals.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.