Territory LeadBanjul, The Gambia • View all jobs
We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments.
In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that's where you come in.....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Territory Lead who will manage a Wave Region assigned to him to ensure that his agents are fully functional and compliant with the minimum standards of quality required of all agents. His role will be fully in the field, owning agents and user acquisition.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage the area you’ve been assigned to
- Track and work on agent performance; make sure that agents are aligned with the OKRs that are defined on a daily, monthly basis
- Recruit High Potential Agents in the area and train them
- Do field visits and provide a daily report on field activities
- Maintain Agent performance in your zone
- Make sure that Agents in your zone are fully served with supplies when needed
- Make sure that agents are fully branded
- Prospect and recruit all the users with the potential of a high volume of transactions
- Work to avoid any liquidity distress in your zone
- Work with other teams (Distribution, Risk and audit, Agent liquidity, Admin) to ensure a strong and top-notch network.
- Ensure that agents under your supervision are cleared of any wrongdoing (gaming, scams) and fully respect the terms of Wave contract as well Wave’s code of conduct
- Provide Weekly Activity Reports
- Location: Location is primarily in the assigned region, in The Gambia, with the possibility of short-term relocations where need be
- Work authorization in The Gambia.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized child care when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills and experience using Google Maps
- Fluent in English and Wolof
- Previous experience managing large teams (+10 people)
- Have relevant work experience in in-person sales or agent network management
- Located in the required region of The Gambia
- Willing to do required travel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
You might be a good fit if you.
- Are great at leadership and people management skills
- Are excited about working in the field, as this is a largely field-operations role
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, able to independently follow through on tasks and able to manage team priorities effectively
- Enjoy teamwork, but also know how to work well independently
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors, including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Please add a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.