Support Quality & Training Officer
Support Quality & Training OfficerDakar, Senegal • View all jobs
We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments.
In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that's where you come in.....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Support Quality & Training Officer who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. In this role, you'll schedule and conduct training sessions for new and experienced customer support representatives, supporting employees to maintain productivity.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop customer support training materials like digital presentations, manuals, and instructional videos.
- Prepare procedures and policies regarding sales techniques and appropriate support representatives' conduct.
- Schedule and conduct training sessions on various customer support topics to prepare and support new employees.
- Train experienced employees on new or updated customer support procedures to improve performance.
- Observe the daily operations of the customer support employees and identify any areas of improvement.
- Liaise with team leaders and managers to conduct on-the-job coaching.
- Measure the effectiveness of training sessions and prepare individual or team progress reports.
- Ensure employees keep up their productivity and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Location: Dakar
- Contract type: Permanent
- Work authorization in Senegal is required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluent in French, Wolof, and English.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR, or a related discipline.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Customer Support Representative
- Proficiency with computer & excel, Office Suit, periscope, front.
- Strong knowledge of customer service processes.
- Strong abilities to monitor and conduct training.
You might be a good fit if you
- You can discern priority tasks
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Have strong abilities to schedule training sessions via tools such as Zoom or Google Meet
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have a teamwork spirit
- Are available every day of the week, including weekends if necessary
- You have significant experience training large teams
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors, including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Please add a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.