Senior Engineer, ML
At VSCO, we are on a mission to nurture creativity so that creators can make it. We build tools that enhance the process of photographic expression, offer a community for inspiration and collaboration, and, increasingly help creatives find ways to make a living through their work. We are a creator-first company and believe that technology, data, and AI can be tools to let human expression thrive.
You will be designing, developing, and operationalizing machine learning models that drive and improve nearly every aspect of our product and business. As a member of a small, scrappy, high-leverage team, you’ll work cross-functionally, collaborating across the business, focused on the needs of our creators and the underlying needs of the business. You’ll work iteratively and across the full data and ML stack, from simple heuristic experiments to infrastructure supporting complex AI models. You’re driven by what’s new, and what’s possible, while always rooted in what’s practical. You’re eager to get into the code and the infrastructure as they are your tools for building solutions. You are driven by the impact you have on the business.
- Design and build ML and AI-powered product features powering search, discovery, personalization, recommendation, and others
- Build our platform for building, training, and managing ML models
- Research and guide the best practices to build a best-in-class creator platform
- Use data and ML to understand and improve the key funnels driving our business
- Develop the next generation of AI-powered creative tools
- 5+ years designing, and developing ML and AI systems powering great product experiences
- 5+ years building and orchestrating ML pipelines with a mind toward audibility, security, and versioning
- 5+ years of experience optimizing ML algorithms
- Ability to write production-ready, testable, verifiable code in python
- SQL, statistics and tools for effective EDA
- Experience developing custom computer vision models
- Familiarity with the current trends and state-of-the-art in AI and ML
- Hands-on experience with data engineering and infrastructure on a major cloud platform (AWS preferred)
Nice to haves
- A passion for photography and for the creative process
- Experience developing with LLMs and building generative vision applications
- Opinions on how to develop software and design ML and data platforms the right way
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position may vary based on several factors, including the approved job level. The base salary range for this role is $176,700 - $188,000. Salary is one component of our total compensation package. This position also qualifies for bonuses and equity (i.e. stock options). The benefits available for this position include flexible time off, a 401K retirement plan, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short and long term disability), and 11 paid holidays. We also provide paid sick time as required by state and local law. Additional benefits and perks are also offered for this position.