Senior Associate, Strategy and Operations - Subscriptions
WHO WE ARE
Vox Media’s Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Associate in Strategy and Operations on the Consumer Revenue team, you will play a pivotal role in driving the success of Vox Media’s subscription and membership businesses. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies that enhance subscriber experience, maximize revenue, and promote sustainable growth across the portfolio. The role will require a mix of operational expertise, business strategy, and marketing experience to support the Senior Director of Strategy and Operations in growing direct reader revenue at Vox Media.
Vox Media’s Consumer Revenue business includes New York Magazine, Vox memberships, Cafe Insider, Criminal Plus, as well as premium paid newsletters for The Verge and SB Nation.
- Support the Sr. Director of Strategy and Operations on executional priorities across the Consumer Revenue business.
- Analyze market trends and subscriber data to identify growth opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and editorial teams to create compelling subscription offerings and lead projects to optimize pricing, packaging, and promotional strategies.
- Coordinate and manage operational processes and workflows to ensure efficiency and effectiveness across the team.
- Develop and execute strategies to drive subscriber acquisition, retention, and engagement. This will include creating marketing plans and supporting operations for Vox memberships and our premium newsletters businesses.
- Create financial models to build business cases for new investments and product launches.
- Support go-to-market strategy and planning for new product launches.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in strategy, operations, or a related role, preferably in the media or subscription-based industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data.
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape and digital subscription models.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is located in New York.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience.