WHO WE ARE
Vox Media’s Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
Concept, budget development and execution for custom events, editorial franchises and internal events. Production support on select tentpoles, custom events, editorial initiatives and key additional projects including development and execution of virtual & in person events, sweepstakes and activations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in internal brainstorms and concept development for RFP’s, RFI’s and proactive pitches and bring big creative thinking and strategy, writing and visual presentation skills to each proposal and pitch
- Work closely with cross functional teams (including editorial, sales, communications, insights, brand marketing and creative strategists) to conceptualize, program, and develop robust concepts to develop engaging brand experiences, using key insights, that deliver on goals and objectives, translating concepts via proposals and marketing materials
- Manage experiential concepts from initial concept, ideation and pitch through to execution and recap for a range of experiences on behalf of Vox Media’s varied networks
- Work closely with core services including legal, finance and operations to ensure that contracts, invoices and budgets for events are closely aligned and executed according to plan
- High touch client and internal stakeholder management during both pre-sale and post sale for events including leading meetings and correspondence to articulate program details, deliverables and program elements
- Lead producer on select events including budget development and management including but not limited to: client management, vendor/venue outreach and contracting, timeline and deliverables, oversee staff and extended production team, onsite/day of execution
- Support on the development and execution of select tentpole events including venue sourcing, budget development and creative ideation and key production elements in partnership with experiential leadership team
- Use industry knowledge to contribute to experiential priorities and achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
WHO YOU ARE
3+ yrs. direct event production experience along with concept development and full execution of a range of different types of event from intimate events to large-scale industry tentpoles.
Media, magazine or digital publisher experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once while paying close attention to timelines and details
- A self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment, is proactive and extremely organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is located in New York. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience.