Interim Content Director, POPSUGAR UK
We’re looking for an Interim Content Director, UK, to join POPSUGAR, within Vox Media. This candidate will be an idea generator who can spot emerging trends in the UK market and find fresh ways to cover them — while driving growth and building POPSUGAR UK’s editorial voice and programming.
This position is temporary for up to a year. This position is hybrid and based out of our London offices, and will report to the Senior Content Director.
WHO WE ARE
POPSUGAR is the go-to destination for diverse and undeniably cool women who crave wit and honesty in their everyday lives — from a fresh take on wellness, to the state of abortion rights, to deep dives on entertainment.
POPSUGAR is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee all content and traffic delivery for the POPSUGAR's UK site
- Shape and direct content strategy using data and UK-centric editorial expertise
- Grow traffic taking into account the needs of the business and brand priorities
- Monitor content performance and crafts long- and short-term strategies in order to hit KPIs, including traffic
- Bring new, intersectional perspectives to POPSUGAR UK with original, impactful content
- Assign and manage daily content, brand-impact editorial packages and tentpole
- Create content and support with assigning and editing content from POPSUGAR contributors
- Manage a team of 4 content creators and a pool of freelance writers
- Represent PS in the media and at events
- Maintain relationships with brands and acts as the point person for sales and marketing, with the intention of growing revenue-generating opportunities for the brand
- Work with Social Content Producer to expand POPSUGAR UK’s presence across all social channels
- Represent the POPSUGAR brand at industry events, on camera, in the media, and in revenue meetings
- Act as the connector between .com content and other departments, including video, social content, distribution, SEO team, design, and more
- Skills: Setting content strategy, content ideation, cross-team collaboration, fostering editing and management skills
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years editorial, social, and brand marketing experience
- 3+ years of management experience including delegation, performance management, supporting growth and development, and providing constructive feedback
- Experience leading content in UK market
- Experience with in-depth content data analysis and skill leading creative feedback and brainstorming
- Experience with setting and executing a successful SEO content strategy
- A solid understanding of Google Analytics
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is hybrid or remote. This position can be based out of our London office.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is an interim, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role when applying.
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.