Senior Director- Client Partnerships, Media & Entertainment
WHO WE ARE
Vox Media’s Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
Reporting directly to the Head of Industry, Media and Entertainment, the Sr Director of Client Partnerships will lead a focused book of accounts to turn existing relationships with key advertisers into deep partnerships. The Sr Director will drive revenue via partnerships that span clients’ lines of business and leverage multiple Vox Media capabilities from video and display media, to branded content, experiential sponsorships, programmatic, social, and audio advertising.
You will use your expertise, knowledge, and network to unlock the full potential of brands through a unique blend of premier content offerings, high-value audiences, cutting-edge technology, and a deep product portfolio.
This is a high-energy, fast-paced job requiring persistent and persuasive interactions with clients and their agencies, deep digital, content, social and programmatic expertise, and the ability to work both independently, and collaboratively with internal teams and senior management to achieve individual as well as broader, company-wide goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a book of business in the Media and Entertainment category to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Maintain a partnership mindset to generate revenue growth above and beyond individual campaigns
- Manage and expand senior-level client relationships and develop a thorough understanding of their business challenges
- Consistently communicate market feedback to internal stakeholders as a means of innovating our products and solutions for advertisers
- Enjoy problem solving in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Collaborate across internal teams like Editorial, Vox Creative, Product, and Insights to develop unique offerings, narratives and tactics to drive impact and engagement with partners
- Effectively manage a sales pipeline, report on roadblocks and opportunities, and provide accurate forecasting and planning insights
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Vox Media’s advertising products and solutions, and become a champion across the organization as well as in the market
- Consistently communicate market feedback as a means of innovating our products and solutions for advertisers
- Contribute to a positive team culture
WHO YOU ARE
You are extremely passionate about advertising and are a subject matter expert in the advertising and publishing landscape. You have a diverse, senior list of client contacts that you have worked with on multi-channel campaigns and have a demonstrated ability to build client relationships with premium brands in the Media and Entertainment category. You are highly self-motivated, a strategic problem-solver, and an excellent collaborator.
- 7+ years experience in advertising sales with a heavy focus on the Entertainment vertical.
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
- An understanding of the breadth of solutions Vox Media brings to market
- Deep passion and knowledge of digital media, technology, the competitive landscape and the entertainment industry's key issues
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Hunger and self-motivation to exceed revenue goals
- A well established network within the advertising and entertainment industry
- Demonstrated ability to function and communicate effectively at senior client levels
- Exceptional communication skills including strong virtual & in-person presentation skills
- Passion for the Vox Media portfolio of editorial brands and innovative advertising solutions
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- Keen ability to listen with a focus on a consultative selling approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Natural curiosity and never-ending desire to learn
- Passion and knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Willingness to travel as necessary
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is located in Los Angeles & New York.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary, this role may also include a discretionary bonus.