Hardware Engineering Lead
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a senior member of the Sensors & Alarms Hardware team, you will lead the design and development of our next generation products. Verkada’s Hardware Engineers own all aspects of the EE design and validation, working directly with our JDM partners to design & ship cutting-edge products.
- Drive hardware product development from initial proof of concept through to mass production.
- Architect and define new hardware products in collaboration with Product, Mechanical and Design team members.
- Lead research & component selection for critical sub-systems, including new sensing technologies, wireless communication systems, power systems and SoCs.
- Quickly prototype new products or sub-systems for proof of concept studies.
- Oversee & lead schematic design and layout efforts for entire products.
- Collaborate with Firmware resources on schematic details, board bring-up, testing and more.
- Work closely with manufacturing partners to steer hardware designs through design and validation builds (EVT, DVT, PVT) and into mass production.
- Build and execute robust test plans to validate and de-risk your designs.
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of experience designing and mass manufacturing enterprise or consumer electronic products.
- In-depth experience with industry standard schematic capture & layout software.
- Extensive experience getting hands-on with building, testing and debugging hardware.
- Extensive experience working with overseas vendors & suppliers.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?