Software Engineer - Security and Privacy
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
The Verkada Security Team is an engineering team at its core. Part of its charter is to build infrastructure, tools, frameworks and libraries for security and privacy controls. This is an opportunity to create components of Verkada’s Command platform that protect the platform, customers and personal data. The role’s broad scope means you will be writing code in a variety of technology stacks and collaborating with engineering teams across Verkada’s Command platform.
- Build security and privacy infrastructure
- Build tools to integrate security into our devices, applications and infrastructure throughout the software development lifecycle
- Partner closely with engineering and product teams to improve the security of Verkada’s products and exceed customers’ expectations
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process
- Collaborate with the CISO and security team to grow the broader Verkada security and privacy programs
- Share your security experience with other teams internally and externally via security conferences, presentations, blogs and open source
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer or security engineer that writes code
- Demonstrable coding skills and desire to write code every day
- Strong experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud service provider
- Understanding of security weaknesses, exploits, attacks, mitigations, and cryptography
- Understanding of privacy engineering concepts and data protection practices
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security & privacy products, features, and strategies
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?