San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Opportunities At Verkada
We are hiring MBA interns for Summer 2023 across all departments including Sales Strategy and Operations (SOPS), Strategic Finance, Supply Chain, People, Product, Pricing, and Product Marketing. Apply below if you're interested in any of these teams:
Biz Ops: Sales Strategy and Operations
Biz Ops: Strategic Finance
Biz Ops: Supply Chain
The internship will be paid for and held over Summer 2023 at our headquarters in San Mateo, California. Must be a current 1st year MBA student who won't be graduating until December 2023 or May 2024 to apply. If needed, work sponsorship will be provided.
You will be prompted in the application to indicate your interest in the listed departments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a business oriented function
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers and customers alike
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into data
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Experience selling enterprise products is a bonus
- Ability to speak in detail on web and internet technologies
- Interview process will include a technical interview
Sales Strategy & Operations Qualifications
- High-impact self-starter: you take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance. You’re excited by the possibility of leading cross-functional workstreams and generating buy-in among senior leadership
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Tableau / Looker experience a plus
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences. Previous Salesforce experience is a plus
- Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, banking, private equity, corporate strategy, or a startup
Strategic Finance Qualifications
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you have a data-driven mentality and high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Excellent modeling skills: you have strong modeling intuition, and a good understanding of how to bring a modeling framework to complicated problems. Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts is a plus
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting or similar field
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?