Technical Support Engineer - University Graduate 2023
IT, Customer Service
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is looking for Technical Support Engineers to support our growing base of enterprise customers. As a member of Technical Support, you will join a skilled team, located in San Mateo, supporting the entire line of Verkada cloud-managed building security products. Working independently and collaboratively, you will solve technical issues and advise customers on our platform. Responsibilities include troubleshooting in complex customer environments, educating customers on system installation and configuration, collaborating with Engineers to identify and resolve bugs, providing crucial feedback to Product Management to drive product improvement, and creating knowledge base articles. Our team is the bridge between customers, Engineering, and Product Management. If you want to make an impact and advance your career in the cloud-managed IoT space, we'd love to hear from you!
- Troubleshoot network, hardware, and software issues related to the Verkada platform issues
- Provide best practice design, installation, and configuration expertise to enterprise customers
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs
- Contribute content to our Knowledge Base
- Lab testing and team projects
- Pursing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a related technical discipline: Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cybersecurity from an accredited college
- Coursework with a focus on computer networking, Linux, electronics, computer systems, Python or other coding languages is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+
US Employee Benefits
- Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverageHealth Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firm-wide extended holidays, PTO, and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting salary will fall in the range of approximately $30 – 63 per hour. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting hourly salary may be above or below this range. Hourly salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?