Front End Engineer - Tools
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 2, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you will enable developers at Verkada to easily put quality features into the hands of users. We emphasize tools over processes, automation over operation, metrics over anecdotes, iteration over perfection, and proactive over responsive.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot custom developed frontend and backend tools/platforms for internal use
- Own a high level of cross functional team communications and demonstrate deep engineering knowledge
- 2+ years of full stack development experience
- 2+ years experience in tools and custom application development
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as ReactJS or VueJS
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment
Nice to have
- Proficient in at least one of the backend programming language such as Go and Python
- Experience working with Microservices and AWS
- Beautiful design skills
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?