Marketing (Sales) Development Representative
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, August 6, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
At Verkada, our business development is different. We lean heavily on data- and analytics-driven metrics to develop and implement consistent, effective lead generation through automated programs— including much of cold outbounding that you, as a Verkada, MDR will execute. This allows our sales reps to focus on real conversations with high-level prospects rather than spend hours trying to get a hold of them. Each rep is able to set more than 80-100 demos/month (@ ~40% conversion to opportunities). As an MDR, you will have the opportunity to transition to an Account Executive (AE) role at Verkada at the end of ~ one year in the MDR program (where you will receive training and an appreciation for how Verkada generates business).
- Follow automated and standardized processes in order to: qualify and convert a high volume of marketing leads into prospective customers and generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to your assigned Account Executives
- Utilize Verkada systems such as SalesForce and sales enablement tools according to Verkada standards
- Identify pre-selected insights and metrics applicable to the leads you generate
- Follow scripted materials to seamlessly demonstrate product expertise when connecting with clientele
- Achieve and push the limits of your quota, territory revenue, and growth objectives
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Passionate, high energy, and you enjoy being challenged
- You are a self-starter with the ability to learn and follow standardized processes in a fast-paced sales organization
- No prior sales experience is required, but you must have the ambition and desire to grow and advance in a sales career
- 1+ year of experience in Sales or Business Development
- Customer-facing experience and strong problem-solving skills
Our Investment in You
- Extensive onboarding process (two weeks in a classroom setting).
- Thorough education on “sales” best practices.
- Live coaching daily.
- Weekly continued education.
- Weekly 1:1’s with management.
- A collaborative team environment and leadership that wants you to succeed.
- Preparation for your AAE interview.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?