Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As the Product Marketing Manager for one of our product verticals (security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, etc.), you will be responsible for setting the go-to-market strategy for integrating new technologies and features into Verkada’s broader marketing and sales efforts. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with key stakeholders across the product, engineering, sales, and marketing organizations.
In addition to project managing new products to market, you will also be integral in developing the collateral needed to support these launches and develop new ways for teams across Verkada to reach and communicate with existing and prospective customers.
- Develop product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging for a product based on user research, market insights, and product knowledge.
- Partner with the product management team to set a go-to-market strategy within each product vertical, including targeted markets, pricing and packaging, product rollout and marketing strategy.
- Bring new products to market by taking the lead of launches - planning, creating/managing deliverables, timelines and more to ensure maximum revenue impact by product line.
- Work closely with brand, creative and demand-gen teams to increase market presence and drive pipeline through key outbound assets (video, webinars, thought leadership, email nurture, etc).
- Partner with channel and sales enablement teams to effectively position our products, leveraging internal tools and developing assets that help improve win rates.
- Become a product subject matter expert, evangelist and cross-functional leader who unites marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results.
- 2+ years of product marketing (or similar) experience.
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams including product, engineering, sales, creative, and marketing.
- Ability to help drive creative and content efforts across the marketing organization.
- Strong ability to write for various audiences, including technical content.
- Bachelor's required, Master's is a plus, but not required.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?