Posted on Friday, January 8, 2021
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is seeking a Solution Engineer in Sydney with expert experience in Cloud Security, IoT Systems, Networking, Linux systems, Security Surveillance and Access Control. This individual will partner directly with their territory account executives to expand the Verkada footprint upmarket into Fortune 500 companies. Responsibilities include directly interfacing with customers/partners throughout the sales process, overcoming technical objections, assisting customers in designing deployments with Verkada Products and providing technical assistance to territory account reps. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to learn quickly and work independently while making impactful results for the company remotely.
- Be the subject matter authority on the full Verkada suite of products and offerings and articulate the value added benefits to customers throughout the sales process.
- Act as a trusted advisor for Verkada Customers and overcome objections while securing the technical win for Verkada.
- Effectively present the Verkada solution to all levels of customer, from C-level executives to loss prevention managers and directors of IT.
- Work directly with your Account Managers to develop territory strategy for Verkada.
- Design Verkada solutions that range from: Network Security recommendations/bandwidth requirements, choosing proper Verkada products for Physical Security and deployment. Cloud Security RFP's/Documents, LTE deployments.
- Stay up to date on the security and IoT industry by attending and presenting at strategic conferences and providing thought leadership within the market
- Be a Product Technical Evangelist in training/educating partners, customers, and internal employees on the latest Verkada product offerings.
- Write White Papers and Knowledge Base articles about Verkada Products, features, and integrations.
- 25% Travel may be required
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn.
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, with a proven track record of working with Fortune 500 companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university.
- Strong background in Networking: Experience with HTTPS/SSL, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, Firewalls and software systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners.
- Able to work and adapt to an ever evolving workplace and company.
- Genuine excitement for software/hardware products, Cloud Security and IoT devices and can speak to how they work.
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+, Microsoft Azure, CISSP, CSP.
- Experience working with API's, Python, and other coding languages is a plus.
- Experience working with Linux systems are a plus.
- Bonus points if you have previous startup experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Company sponsored health coverage
- Fertility benefits
- Wellness allowance
- Monthly commuter benefits
- Daily food allowance when working from the office
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?