Sr Embedded Engineer - Cameras
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree)
- 5 years of experience of full-time Embedded Software development
- Proficient in at least one system programming language, such as C, C++, Golang, Rust
- Minimal of 2 years of full-time system software development for Linux-based platform
- Great knowledge on modern operating systems and computer architecture
- Familiar with Bash scripts and Python
- Good communication & documentation skills
- Experience in development of on-device software for cloud-connected devices
- Familiar with Linux Kernel development
- Familiar with Bootloader development
Nice to Have:
- Work cross-functionally with hardware team to develop camera features in C/C++ and Python.
- Lead code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?