Mobile Engineering Intern, Android - Fall 2023
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Come join one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley! Verkada is looking for an Android Engineering intern to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. As part of the Android Engineering team, you will collaborate cross functionally to support the entire Android application lifecycle, for both existing and new applications, enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast paced environment for both existing and new mobile applications.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to elaborate, design, and implement new features.
- Work in iterative sprints to design, develop, and test solutions.
- Build automation and tests to streamline development.
- Actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science (or similar degree plan) with a graduation date of Spring 2024 or Summer 2024.
- Proficient understanding Kotlin and Android SDK.
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
- Experience working with backend server APIs.
- Solid UI development and unit testing skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well alongside engineers of all levels.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?