Senior Global Supply Manager
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a Senior Global Supply Manager on our Operations team, you will own sourcing for Verkada’s products and Supply Chain partners. The Senior Global Sourcing Manager is instrumental in driving supplier selection, managing key vendor relationships, negotiating material costs/ strategic deals as well as training their peers. This role requires close collaboration with various members of the Engineering and Supply Chain Team.
- Own End to End sourcing for Verkada Engineering and Operations team
- Develop and execute sourcing roadmap and strategy
- Negotiate pricing, terms, contracts, etc for various aspects of operations.
- Develop consolidated reporting metrics
- Understand and communicate cost impacts of manufacturing operations.
- Own COGS roll-up & margin analysis for New Product Introduction
- 6+ years of experience in supply chain and sourcing
- Excellent analytical / negotiation skills
- Experience with contracts and contract management
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and experience in cost modeling with diverse manufacturing and assembly processes ranging from mechanical components, EE components and FATP assembly.
- Familiarity with various supply chain areas.
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate cross functionally with engineering, finance, quality, and third-party vendors.
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical or Industrial engineering (or equivalent). MBA a plus.
- At least 3 years working with an Asian supply chain
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $115,000 – $205,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?