Accounting & Finance
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Payroll Team, you will play a critical role in ensuring that Verkada’s payroll operations are executed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. This position will involve processing Verkada’s semi-monthly payroll runs, assisting with the implementation of new processes and controls, and ensuring the Company maintains compliance with regulatory agencies while continuing to grow domestically and internationally. This will be a 6 month contract with the goal of converting to full-time employment!
- Process and submit semi-monthly domestic payroll
- Assist with international payroll in a number of countries
- Partner with People Team to ensure successful onboarding of new employees
- Assist with documentation and process improvements for the payroll process.
- This is a key part of the role as payroll operations needs to efficiently scale with the Company’s growth
- Assist with 401K and other benefits administration
- Special projects involving Verkada’s payroll-related data and processes
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
- BA/BS degree. Degree in finance or business administration a plus.
- Relevant experience in a payroll or finance role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving and time management skills
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.