Senior Growth Engineer
Sales & Business Development
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Our growth systems team prides itself on using a first principles approach to unlock new ways of scaling revenue. Using engineering to overcome obstacles and scale/automate processes, we experiment where most marketing teams fall short or lack skill sets. As a senior growth engineer on the team, you will own both software engineering and product management responsibilities to design, architect, and own the systems and processes that power marketing campaigns that directly accelerate revenue growth.
- Translate business problem requirements into an engineering solution and execute on it!
- Decide when to build from scratch and when to use existing tools.
- Learn new languages and frameworks quickly.
- Develop and articulate a product strategy and roadmap to meet the growth team’s needs.
- Work with the product engineering team to integrate our product with our growth systems.
- Work alongside Verkada’s CMO to execute on new out-of-the-box experiments to deliver, target, and run marketing campaigns that drive direct revenue impact.
- Utilize your deep engineering expertise to develop platforms, workflows, and automations supporting growth experimentation.
- Unlock complicated blockers via engineering skillsets that prevent marketers from achieving scale or efficiency.
- 4+ years working experience in SWE role or equivalent.
- 4 year CS degree or relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in product management, business strategy, growth operations, or equivalent.
- Ability to collaborate and build trust with data scientists and other cross-functional teammates.
- Experience with AWS serverless infrastructure is a plus.
- Ability to think creatively and approach problems with first principles thinking, ambition, and a positive attitude.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.