Senior Embedded Engineer - Sensors
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
We are actively looking for experienced firmware engineers to join the Sensors team. As a senior member and lead of the sensors team, you will be the architect and developer in a broad range of projects. You will work closely with Product and other Engineers to develop the next generation sensor products.
We are #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
- Be responsible for building the software and firmware that goes onto the devices we ship to our customers
- Own the full engineering cycle end to end, including scoping, architecture and low level design, solutions trade-off, development with test driven and data driven methods
- Proven track record of methodical problem solving skills, debugging skills and overall excellent logical thinking skills. Strong motivation to build quality products that are reliable, performant and sustainable
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn new technologies that are critical to product development
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship features that delight users and customers. Contribute to other parts of the stack (e.g. our backend services), if that interests you
- Help mentor other engineers
- Contribute to other parts of the stack (e.g. our backend services), if that interests you
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or closely related degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in an embedded engineering role
- Proficient in C, C++ or Go
- Prior work experience in owning SW features or projects end to end with production launch is a major plus
Nice to have
- Prior work experience in SW development on HW products, for example, working knowledge of common low-level interfaces: SPI, I2C, UART, working knowledge of FreeRTOS and Embedded Linux
- Experience with networking and wireless communication protocols
- Experience programming in Go and Python
- Experience reading schematics (basic EE skills)
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?