Sr. Android Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Engineering life at Verkada is the quintessential Silicon Valley experience. A company with explosive growth fueled by a top notch engineering team that's just getting started marking their mark on the world. Be a critical part of this growth story in the mobile engineering team and help shape software that's at the heart of the user experience. You'll get the chance to work with like-minded engineers who will support you and push you to achieve your best as well as give you a run for your money on game night and have a drink with you on one of the many offsite trips!
What you'll do
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast-paced environment for both existing and new mobile applications.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to elaborate, design, and implement new features.
- Work in iterative sprints to design, develop and test solutions.
- Build automation and tests to streamline development.
- Continually improve your craft as a software engineer by learning and leveraging the latest design patterns, principles and technology.
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant work experience
- In-depth understanding of Kotlin and Android SDK
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Experience working with backend server APIs
- Strong UI development in Jetpack Compose
- Strong unit testing skills
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers
Employee Pay Disclosure: At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $95,000– $280,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?