Associate, Global Revenue Informatics
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is building a one-of-a-kind B2B enterprise sales machine. With a sales team of over 900 around the world, we are changing the game in the $100B physical security market. We hire the best, from new grads to top performing veterans, and it shows in our results. That caliber of team requires accurate, complete and insightful data to allow them to perform their best. As we scale, we need more and better data to inform how we segment our customers, prioritize our efforts, decide where to expand and how to grow our organization. We want to invest to turn data into a core competitive advantage, and this is an amazing opportunity to build out a best-in-class data function.
Associate, Sales Strategy and Operations
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a high impact contributor, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum. As an Associate on the team, you will lead cross-functional initiatives from ideation to analytics to recommendations to drive impact across the sales organization.
- Data is the foundation of our go-to-market strategy. It supports all parts of our sales motion, including:
- Creating customer profiles to identify & target high value buyers
- Identifying & facilitating key growth opportunities, e.g., entering markets in previously untapped geographies
- Segmenting our sales team and defining sales representative patches
- Populating and maintaining an accurate universe of buyers
We recognize the importance of data to our scalability and success, and we aim to make it a core competency of our business.
What You’ll Do
- Improve data quality & value: identify opportunities to use data to grow revenue. Find new methods for lead generation. Increase sales prospecting efficiency by improving the accuracy of our data.
- Design internal products: design and oversee the engineering development of revenue-generating products for our sales team.
- Source & evaluate vendors: conduct market analyses to compare vendor capabilities to satisfy key business requirements; evaluate vendor quality & present recommendations to the leadership team.
- High-impact self-starter: you take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance. You’re excited by the possibility of leading cross-functional workstreams and working within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be able to connect with sales reps, data engineers, and external vendors alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a top school; studies within a technical discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, corporate strategy, or a startup.
- Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Previous Sales, Sales Operations, or Strategy experience is a plus.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $55,000 – 160,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?