Accounting & Finance
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
About the role:
As a member of the Accounting team, you will help manage our books, assist in preparing for an audit, and help improve processes as the company continues to grow. The job responsibilities will quickly evolve as our company grows so we are looking for someone who is up for the challenge of constantly learning and taking on new tasks.
- Assist in preparing our financial statements for an audit.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables.
- Assist with day to day operations around AR and AP.
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances.
- Assist in special projects associated with Inventory, budgets, financial metrics, etc.
- Work with various departments to streamline process and solve problems.
- BS or BA in Finance or Accounting.
- 2-3 years of work experience in accounting/finance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Start-up or Big 4 Experience a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Advanced with Microsoft Office.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus.
- Curiosity and a passion for learning.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?