Structural Packaging Designer - Taiwan
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
What you'll do:
As a Structural Packaging Designer on Verkada’s Industrial Design Team, you’ll design and develop packaging solutions for cameras, access control systems, alarms, sensors, and other connected devices alongside our growing team of designers and hardware engineers. You will provide creative vision from initial concept through to mass production. You’ll maintain and evolve Verkada’s packaging design language by creating systems & solutions that emulate our core brand principles, effectively protect our award-winning products, and deliver premium experiences for our customers. You’ll make a big impact — your designs will be a part of Verkada’s quickly expanding portfolio of products.
- Develop the visual and physical language of our brand through the design, engineering, & quality assurance of our packaging.
- Work collaboratively with design, engineering, manufacturing partners, and operations on complex technical programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive and influence the development of Verkada packaging sustainability initiatives.
- Design and implement systems for packaging across a broad range of products in varying materials, weights, shapes and sizes.
- Collaborate with international vendors and manufacturing partners to define, specify and confirm packaging designs for manufacturing.
- Create detailed documentation for inspection criteria, limit samples, and packout procedures to guide our manufacturing partners.
- Maintain or advance packaging standards through on-site validation and test results.
- Represent the greater Industrial Design Team during vendor visits and QA audits.
- Effectively present design concepts and strategy to peers and key stakeholders
- A website or digital portfolio containing case studies in mass produced packaging solutions or systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Design, Industrial Design, Packaging Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing consumer or enterprise electronic product packaging solutions.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to collaborate effectively with a team spread across global time zones, primarily with the design team in HQ (PST)
- Strong active project management skills to work directly with packaging vendors and JDM/OEM partners in navigating tight schedules for multiple packaging projects.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D structural packaging design tools such as Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite, ArtiosCAD, etc.
- A strong understanding of manufacturing methods, processes, and ecological impact of various substrates such as corrugated structures, molded fibers, PCR plastics, and printing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English and Mandarin..
- Experience with reliability testing (ISTA) & quality assurance
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Nice to Have
- Startup experience with quick-to-market mentality
- Experience working with camera and sensor sub-assemblies
- Experience in Business to Business transaction model, product trials and refurbishment procedures
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?