Business Systems Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 2, 2020
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Systems Engineering team, you will lead, architect, and own the systems and processes that impact the Verkada sales, order, finance, and support teams. As our Salesforce org is still young, your decisions will have a massive impact, and you will have the chance to work with the latest Salesforce technology stack.
- Your job is to write software that makes the company work well at scale. Make our systems work efficiently and reliably.
- Decide when to build from scratch and when to use existing tools.
- Work closely with the core software engineering team to integrate our product with our back end systems.
- Learn new languages and frameworks quickly. We don’t expect you’ll have written Apex code, for example, but you should be able to pick it up quickly.
- Example projects might include building components to visualize geographic data in Salesforce, or integrating and synchronizing our financial, sales, and fulfillment system databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field, from a top program preferred.
- 2+ years professional experience, with at least 2 years of software development or engineering experience.
- Systems and software development experience: you need to be able to write production code efficiently. You are a hacker.
- You like making people work better. If you’re the kind of person that gets satisfaction about building a tool that makes everyone’s life at work just a little better every day, you will love this job.
- Design sensibility - we pride ourselves on building an intuitive product. We want our employees’ experience with their internal tools to be the same.
- Process and operational thinking - you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that’s easy to understand for all audiences (especially non-technical ones!).
- Project management and attention to detail: you’ll need to be able to scope out a project based on requirements outlined by an end user and figure out what it takes to translate an idea into reality.
- Prior tech company or startup experience a plus.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?