Legal Operations Manager/Head of Legal Ops
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
About the Role
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join Verkada’s legal department as its very first Legal Operations Manager. You will be a founding member of the legal team at Verkada and work directly with the General Counsel in building out an efficient and effective legal department that can best support our fast growing and sales-oriented business. If you enjoy building from the ground up, this role is for you! The ideal candidate has a passion for creating effective and scalable processes, driving legal technology initiatives, nurturing and managing relationships, is extremely organized and constantly looking for ways to enhance improvement.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do
- Create processes and practices to improve the day-to-day effectiveness and efficiency of Verkada’s growing legal team
- Develop and drive the implementation and use of appropriate systems, processes, and tools to provide the business with most efficient and cost-effective legal work
- Improve existing technology tools, and implement new ones when necessary, to enable streamlined team collaboration and workflow automation for Verkada’s legal team
- Facilitate the systems, processes, and platforms for selecting and managing external legal vendors
- Own and manage Verkada’s electronic billing platform for legal vendors and its reporting of key metrics regarding legal spend
- Create scalable processes to help legal and business teams process, review, execute, manage, and maintain a wide variety of legal documentation related to sales, procurement, compliance, intellectual property, litigation, regulatory, and other legal matters
- Manage Verkada’s contract lifecycle management (CLM) platform, systems, and toolsEnable Verkada’s sales teams to navigate the company’s CLM platform, systems, and tools and operationalize requirements from legal and sales policies
- Own and manage Verkada’s patent program, including systems and tools to track and report on patent prosecution and acquisition events and deadlines
- Help design, manage, and facilitate legal training programs for the legal department and relevant cross functional teams
What An Ideal Background Looks Like
- 5+ years of legal operations manager experience or in a similar role owning the legal operations function at a fast paced company (experience in a technology company or startup is a plus but not required)
- Industry expertise in the evolving landscape of legal operations and regulations with experience spotting emerging trends and new issues
- Deep understanding and experience with a variety of technical systems and tools utilized by in-house law departments, including especially CLM, legal billing, and patent program systems (experience with IronClad and BrightFlag is especially useful)
- Experience with a wide variety of workflow automation tools, project and taks management tools, and other matter management platforms (experience with Google Workspace, Monday.com, Asana, Front, and other similar platforms is especially useful)
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to drive operational excellence in complex legal environments
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?