Communications Manager - Corporate Communications
Marketing & Communications
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
We’re building out our communications team and are looking for a strong team player to join us. This person will be charged with helping us cultivate and tell Verkada’s story to both external and internal audiences. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, who possesses strong communication skills and the ability to successfully prioritize and execute tasks in alignment with the overall goals of the team. They should have a growth and development mindset, know how to stay self-motivated, and lead with a positive mindset.
- Proactively identifies strong storytelling opportunities across multiple themes including business, culture and product
- Leads content and message development projects - ensuring everything we produce is highly strategic, well-written and rooted deeply in Verkada’s mission and values
- Builds and executes new communications programs and managing them to scale
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience in communications with significant prior experience successfully driving corporate and/or product communications initiatives
- Possesses a strong understanding of how to tell stories in both today’s news and media landscape as well as internally
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to quickly understand Verkada’s products and services
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong project manager, organized
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?