Manufacturing Engineer (Taiwan)
Posted on Thursday, September 1, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our hardware team, you will support the design, development, and manufacturing of Verkada’s full product line. Verkada’s Manufacturing Engineers ensure that we are always shipping high quality products to our customers.
- Lead root cause analysis and solution implementation for manufacturing, quality, and field reliability issues.
- Drive manufacturing & sustaining efforts locally in Taiwan, including mechanical design changes for both released products & late-stage NPI programs.
- Develop and execute a wide variety of validation and verification test plans, reliability tests, and DoEs as needed.
- Work with mechanical, electrical, ID and supply chain team members to improve DFM/DFA & drive production improvements.
- Work with our JDM & CM factory teams to optimize fixtures, factory tests, cycle times, and reporting.
- Work with an international network of mechanical vendors to bring-up new tooling & achieve stable production of mass produced parts.
- Drive on-site quality and scaling improvements directly with part vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal English & Mandarin communication skills
- 3+ years experience in a hardware manufacturing environment
- Ability to frequently visit vendors throughout Taiwan and International travel up to 15%
- Experience creating a reviewing 2D & 3D CAD drawings
- Experience with a wide range of materials and manufacturing processes, including plastic injection molding, die-casting, sheet metal stamping, and post-processing.
- Passion for creative problem solving and a scientific approach to solving hard problems
Benefits - The group insurance is from Nan Shan and includes:
- The group insurance is from Nan Shan and includes:
- Critical Illness
- Hospital & Surgical
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accidental Medical Reimbursement
- Cancer Indemnity
- Fitness and Wellness Subsidy
- Commuter Benefit
- Lunch Stipend
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?