Software Engineering Manager - Security and Privacy
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
We are a small, dynamic team focused on building security and privacy infrastructure and tooling. If you are looking for a leadership role and you are excited about building new ways to keep people safe and secure, then we want to hear from you. As a member of the Security team, you will be the architect, designer, and developer in a broad range of projects. You will work closely with Engineers to develop great user experiences -- not just features -- and to help build and scale a web-based platform that will support a suite of connected devices for enterprise customers at scale.
We are a very strong team focused on building cloud-managed building security systems, which is Verkada’s flagship product line. We're looking for a strong engineering manager to lead and grow a backend team.
- Build the software engineering team within the Security Team by recruiting, leading, and mentoring.
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and actively write code or prototype new features.
- Be accountable for driving project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute goals, priorities, and process.
- 2+ years experience managing, leading, and inspiring a team of engineers; including hiring, retaining, and managing performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a backend software engineering role.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience building security or privacy infrastructure preferred.
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?