Software Engineer - Detection and Response Platform
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
- Build, operate and improve Verkada’s Security Monitoring, Detection and Response infrastructure
- Onboard new log sources to our SIEM
- Develop automation to improve the detection and response process and reduce the likelihood and impact of future incidents
- Participate in designing and building well-engineered detection tooling and automation.
- Assist with incident response, including investigation, remediation, and documentationCollaborate with different teams to grow the broader Verkada security program
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, security engineer, site reliability engineer, or security consultant.
- Experience building robust and scalable products in public clouds (we use AWS)
- Proficiency in programming in Golang or Python
- Familiarity in continuous integration and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience designing, and optimizing high throughput ETL pipelines
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security products, features, and strategies
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?