System Software Engineer - Storage
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
- Develop and maintain the camera storage component.
- Design and implement a robust storage system in both camera firmware and cloud, with a focus on stream recording and playback usage patterns.
- Work with hardware team and storage vendor to develop the next generation of camera storage systems.
- Design new flash and streaming-friendly file systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 5+ years of experience working on system development as a Software Engineer.
- Strong C programming skills, with the ability to write complex systems using clean and concise code.
- Familiarity with file system development, storage layout, and memory management is a huge plus.
- Experience with Linux kernel development is a big plus.
- Experience working with flash specific storage systems is a big plus.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?