Lead Product Manager, Alarms - Safety
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
The Alarms team builds products to prevent crime and keep people safe in emergencies. Customers use our devices, software, and virtual guard service to detect and respond to immediate threats ranging from criminal activity to environmental disasters. Join us to develop technology that makes the world a safer place.
As the product manager for Alarms - Safety, your specific product scope will include:
- Mobile Panic App: UI/UX for panic app used by employees or students to trigger alarms
- Mass Notifications: How we broadcast alarm events and emergency messages to a large audience across multiple channels, including SMS, email, push notifications, and 3rd party integrations
- Safety dashboard: Platform for admins to manage emergencies and ensure safety of their employees, students, and visitors
General PM Responsibilities:
- Launching new products and features in collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Gathering customer feedback and digging into customer use cases to understand their needs and to prioritize feature development..
- Defining internal processes and tracking metrics to optimize customer experience.
- Training and educating our Sales team on new product features and releases.
- Partnering with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts.
- Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing.
- Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business oriented function
- Product experience with mobile applications (consumer or enterprise)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or quantitative field.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers and customers alike.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Experience as a startup founder or selling enterprise products is a bonus.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?