Lead Product Manager, Access Control
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada’s mission is to become the security and safety OS for every organization. Our goal is to protect people and assets while ensuring privacy. The Product team at Verkada is responsible for driving our product vision and identifying opportunities for Verkada to grow and succeed as a business.
Access Control is a critical part of every organization’s day to day operations. Access control is ubiquitous and affects the day-to-day lives of billions of people around the world. We are all familiar with the act of badging into a building at work -- now imagine an organization with 100,000 people across thousands of doors. Verkada is on a journey to rethink Access Control through differentiated, easy-to-install hardware and intuitive, scalable software. As a product manager of the Access Control team, you will own products that enable facilities, security and business professionals to support millions of users in their interaction with buildings around the world.
What You'll Do
- Help grow the business on multiple fronts including Software, Hardware and partner services.
- Manage full product lifecycle including from conception to execution to delivery.
- Collaborate with Customers, Reseller Partners, Installers & Support to gather insights that shape product definition.
- Develop product requirements and roadmap that will drive Business Unit and strategic direction.
- Partner with engineering & design to develop product requirements & drive engineering velocity
- Partner with sales & marketing to drive go-to-market efforts, market positioning and ensure the company is educated and fluent in products.
- Identify, instrument and drive relevant metrics across the business from product performance through sales.
- This is a high visibility role within the company and will partner with cross-functional leadership and executives to drive top-line growth.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS or MBA optional.
- Technical fluency with analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Focus on customer needs and market empathy
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into data.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Experience with safety, security or enterprise products is a bonus.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?