Sr. Staff Cloud Security Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
- Facilitate the security baked into our cloud infrastructure for our applications and customer data
- Partner closely with Infrastructure engineering to test and improve the security of Verkada’s products and exceed customers’ expectations
- Explore innovative solutions to enable Verkada business instead of “Security says No”
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process
- Set up security tooling to ensure cloud secure best practices
- Contribute changes to production security infrastructure (e.g., configure GuardDuty or AWS Config)
- Improve the security of our Kubernetes cluster and containers
- Build a cloud security detection and response program leveraging automation, secure defaults to enforce security policy and detect threats
- Triage and recommend solutions for security bugs from tools, third party assessments and bug bounties
- Collaborate with the CISO and security team to grow the broader Verkada security program
- Share your security experience with other teams internally and externally via security conferences and blogs
- Help your peer engineers grow their own security reasoning and knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Strong experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud service provider
- 7 - 10+ years of experience as a security engineer, software engineer, site reliability engineer, or security consultant
- Understanding of security weaknesses, exploits, attacks and mitigations
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security products, features, and strategies;
- Coding ability. You will sometimes write production Python/Go code, security peer review code, build proofs of concept or implement automation scripts
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Experience with most of the following: AWS security tools (GuardDuty, AWS Config, CloudTrail), Terraform, Kubernetes, Containers, Open Policy Agent, Secrets Management, SIEM
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?