Associate Account Executive, Tampa
Sales & Business Development
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2022
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.
Verkada is excited to announce our Account Executive Development Program, “Verkademy”! As an Associate Account Executive, you’ll be a part of the fastest growing company in Tampa, Florida with a short promotion path into a closing role! Ideal candidates should be passionate, high energy and a self-starter with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced sales organization.
Verkademy was created to fast track Sales Associates into world class Mid-Market Account Executives. In this program, the foundation of Tech Sales are broken up into smaller modules that outline the fundamental skills to become a successful, top-tier Account Executive. Skills covered range from Prospecting, Discovery, Demo, Best Practice Call, Gaining the Technical Win, etc. Graduates from this program will transition into Mid-Market Account Executives - fully equipped with every aspect of the sales motion, industry and company knowledge.
Those who have succeeded in Verkademy typically have been leaders, overachievers, and thrive under challenging and fast paced environments. If you are looking for a place that fully invests in the success of your career and will challenge you, this is the program for you. Verkademy is a ~6 month average program with the ability to complete it in less; The fastest person was able to make it through the program in 100 days.
- Prospect, qualify, follow up and educate a high volume of cold leads into prospects
- Understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Verkada can solve them
- Pro-actively generate meetings and opportunities for Account Executives by positioning the value of Verkada
- Generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to your assigned Account Executives
- Use Verkada Salesforce.com systems and sales enablement tools according to Verkada standards; provide metrics on leads
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue and growth objectives
- Comfortable talking with prospects and internal/external customers and building relationships and monetizing them.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment while still providing quality opportunities and driving revenue.
- Strong entrepreneurial personality, self-motivated and self-managing.
- Capacity to develop relationships quickly over the phone with customers and technical audience.
- Strong team orientation and ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Understanding of sales cycles and required qualification criteria.
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover customer issues, process problems, and translate need into business opportunities.
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual desire to be #1 and advance a career in Verkada’s sales Org
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant working experience
- Written & verbal communication skills in English
- Salesforce.com and Outreach experience is a plus
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.