Capital Collections Specialist I
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
Toast Capital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toast, Inc. that offers Toast restaurant customers access to fast and flexible funding for any business need. The Toast Capital team is seeking a highly-motivated Toast Capital Collections Specialist I who will play an active role in working to recover outstanding balances of Toast Capital Loans. In this role, you will be an ambassador of the Toast Capital brand and proliferate Toast Capital’s goal to empower restaurants financially to thrive and do what they love. This individual’s efforts will have a significant impact on the long-term success of a rapidly growing product for Toast.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage delinquent accounts across different lending products
- Communicate with customers to negotiate payoffs and payment plans for outstanding balances on their account
- Work cross functionally with billing, accounting, and operational risk teams
- Address customer questions, concerns, and inquiries related to outstanding transactions
- Track and report portfolio performance metrics
- Assist with process improvement initiatives for Toast Capital Collections
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-2 years of relevant collections experience in the lending field
- Ability to work under pressure and strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow process and procedure throughout complex customer interactions.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate complex customer problems while ensuring conversations are compliant with Toast Capitals program requirements
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Excel
- SQL is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Parental leave
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Core health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Subsidized backup childcare
*We love a great bread/food pun
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!