Strategic Finance Manager, Sales
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking a Manager of Strategic Finance to partner with the Sales team to drive initiatives including new business acquisition planning, budget optimization, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term value in a high growth environment at scale.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Provide financial and strategic thought leadership supported by rigorous analysis, with a focus on new business acquisition targets and budget optimization
- Facilitate executive leadership decision making by translating sophisticated financial analysis into actionable operational recommendations
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by building strong cross-functional relationships and developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including unit economics, product and market strategies, competitive landscape, and internal processes
- Analyze and report on Sales KPIs, including bookings forecasts and customer acquisition costs, in support of executive decision making
- Deliver monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial results, including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Strategic Finance, FP&A or Business Intelligence roles, business partnership with a Sales organization strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven success collaborating across a wide spectrum of stakeholders and developing high performing talent
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills. Ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs used by teams throughout the company to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Effective communication and project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated, with ability to and present to all levels of management
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Public company Strategic Finance experience
- Working knowledge of Adaptive
- Working Knowledge of SQL
*We love a great bread/food pun
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!