Senior Payroll Consultant
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help
restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community.
Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and
get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is
purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on
their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* for a change?
The position will primarily be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day payroll activities for all India and APAC payroll. The Sr Payroll Consultant will provide support on process improvements, Workday testing, system integrations, documentation, and audits. As a senior member of the Payroll / operations team, this individual would partner with our Finance and Human Resource groups, effecting change and completing special projects aligned with company-wide goals and objectives.
About this roll*
- Prepare, review, audit, and approve monthly payroll for India and APAC payroll, including off-cycle payments or supplemental (bonus and year ending) payrolls, as needed.
- Be the point person for all Workday testing.
- Handle Labour compliance and ensure timely submission of returns as per statutory guidelines.
- Responsible for statutory labour compliance payments including PF, ESI, Gratuity, PT, LWF, etc & ensure reporting and distribution of annual Form 16.
- Establish and maintain process documentation for new procedures.
- Responsible for ad hoc payroll reporting including proficiency in creating reports.
- Prepare data for internal and external audits which include, Workers Compensation,
- Payroll compliance and Payroll Accounting audits.
- Maintain earning and deduction earning codes to ensure accurate calculations.
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to all Payroll queries through ServiceNow tickets.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 9 - 15 years Payroll experience, Workday experience preferred, with working knowledge on any payroll tool.
- Thorough knowledge of Indian payroll tax laws for a multi-state employer
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong customer service skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!