Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. Join our team and help us build and manage world class compensation programs! Working closely with the People Team and cross-functionally, the Compensation Consultant will play a key role in developing and administering Toast’s base salary, incentive, and equity programs. The ideal candidate will have solid compensation analytical skills coupled with a desire to collaborate on the development of effective compensation programs and solutions.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with the Compensation Team and cross-functionally on a variety of projects involving compensation program design, analysis, budgeting, program implementation and communication. Ensure Toasters understand Toast’s compensation philosophy and programs.
- Participate in and/or lead the administration of compensation planning cycles including salary review, promotion and bonus cycles. Prepare analytics and information for budget forecasting. Collaborate cross-functionally to create planning calendars, prepare and test systems, and develop communication materials for compensation planning cycles.
- Apply compensation analytics to determine pay ranges and other compensation proposals and solutions. Collaborate with the Compensation Team and Leadership to develop compensation program guidelines and structures that support Toast’s business needs and culture.
- Manage compensation data organization, maintenance and use, including oversight for market data aggregation applications. Collaborate to ensure compensation data interfaces and cross-system processes operate effectively.
- Collect and analyze complex datasets from a variety of sources to understand market trends and influence Toast’s compensation programs.
- Supports development of tools, dashboards, infographics and insights to assist stakeholders in making compensation decisions and develop greater understanding of our compensation philosophy and structure
- Provide support to managers and HR business partners on compensation matters. In response to business needs, provide guidance on Toast compensation programs, perform compensation analyses and research, and help develop compensation-based solutions. Provide guidance to users on job profile selection and establish new job profiles, as needed.
- Participate in the management of compensation surveys and other sources of compensation information. Participate in special surveys, participate in interpretation of results, and share survey findings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Compensation Team to develop and manage effective incentive compensation programs including bonus and sales incentive plans. Participate in program administration and communication.
- Work with the Compensation Team and Legal to ensure compliance with all compensation regulatory requirements including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and pay equity laws.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a focus in HR, Business Administration, or Finance preferred.
- 5+ years of directly related experience, including compensation analysis and administration of compensation programs.
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of data using a variety of systems and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders and across the HR team to understand business needs and develop effective compensation solutions to meet them.
- In-depth understanding of regulations and requirements under FLSA, multi-state pay equity laws, and other areas of compensation compliance.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within teams.
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Experience working in a multinational organization and/or in a technology industry.
- Experience using Radford surveys and Workday.
- CCP, GRP, CSCP certification.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?