Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager, Orders Syncing Platform
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Orders are critical to all restaurant operations and drive all of Toast’s restaurant products from our point-of-sale systems to our off-prem dining experiences. Toast enables best-in-class technology teams to build innovative products on top of Toast’s successful restaurant platform.
As the Senior Product manager of Orders Syncing Platform, you will report to the Director of Product, Commerce Platform and be responsible for the end-to-end system for how we sync and store Toast’s orders data.
You will work closely with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Customer Support, and others to evolve the Orders Syncing Platform to eliminate barriers to growth so that customer number 200,000 has the same high quality experience as customer number 200.
About this roll*:
- Collaborate with the Director of Product, Sr Director of Engineering, and Technical Design Leads to create a comprehensive product vision and strategy for Orders Syncing Platform
- Own the usability, reliability, and scalability experience of our syncing services and libraries
- Work directly with internal teams integrating with our services to ensure developer needs are met and teams are able to develop efficiently against our systems
- Become a subject matter expert of your domain, delivering business impact that aligns to the team and company strategy, and prioritizing the most impactful investments
- Leverage data to identify opportunities, define success, and achieve goals
- Be responsible for creating requirements and product specs and breaking down the work into concrete, incremental goals
- Build trusted relationships and communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and transparently with cross-functional stakeholders (including but not limited to Engineering, Product, Tech Writers, Customer Care)
- Perform market research and competitive analysis to understand best practices and best-in-class technology capabilities
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Prior product experience working with backend services is absolutely essential
- Team player who excels at collaborating with Engineering, QA, Tech Writers, PMO, UX, Care
- Demonstrated experience taking team strategy into account when making roadmap decisions and effectively communicating those strategic ties to your cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability to make a meaningful impact on the product strategy through day-to-day product execution and your contributions to the roadmap.
- Strength in effectively making adjustments to direction or process to maximize impact for the customer and Toast, and owning those outcomes.
- Excellent ability to utilize data to anticipate and design products.
- A proven track record of listening to and organizing large amounts of information into a compelling roadmap
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience working in hospitality as a developer or product managing an infrastructural services is a plus.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?