Senior Software Engineer, International Automation
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast has grown to be a leading hospitality software company in the US and is now setting its sights on the global stage. To achieve that we are forming a team with the singular focus of enabling restaurants outside the US to gain the great benefits of Toasts Software and Hardware technologies.
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help the International Payments teams build new, innovative solutions to expand our international capabilities. In particular, we are looking for someone to take the lead in improving our approach to automation. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in leadership.
You will be part of a great team of professionals responsible for payments outside the US market. You will have a chance to participate in developing great features for the International Payments team and you will be the main driver in building and maintaining the automation infrastructure and driving the automation approach within the domain.
If you want to be at the fore of creating something tangible that is used every day and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web and mobile applications using modern technologies
- Iterate on our technical approach in support of our international strategy, helping set the vision for all of R&D
- Lead the team by driving test automation initiatives over the International domain
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Write and review automation suites
- Drive initiatives to support our international growth
- Mentor and coach other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proficient in backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, equivalents)
- Familiar with automation tests created using Java/Kotlin.
- Familiar with frameworks like Selenoid, Cucumber, RestAssured is a plus.
- You have a passion for creating high quality products
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace an agile mindset focused on delivering usable software.
What we use to make our dish (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?