Senior Software Engineer (React Native)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
At Toast, we help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, team management, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will continue to improve and build Sling by Toast, a new addition to the Toast Team Management Suite of products. Sling by Toast offers employee scheduling, labor cost forecasting, timesheet management, sales reporting, and communication capabilities in one app. It helps restaurants to staff more efficiently and better manage labor costs, while improving employee job satisfaction. Employees are a critical part of every restaurant’s success. We need your help to revolutionize our team management products used by thousands of restaurants and hundreds of thousands of employees every day.
As Sling by Toast is being adopted by more and more restaurants, we are keen to add a senior frontend engineer to the team. Sling is a rapidly growing, mission driven product focused team where you will get the opportunity to help build & scale new products and features for a large customer base in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a Senior Software Developer on the Employee Cloud, Sling team, you will:
- Design, build and maintain tooling & infrastructure to make software development at Toast a delight
- Make hands-on contributions to projects in all phases of the software lifecycle, including product solutions, technical design and architecture, implementation, testing, deploying, and maintaining.
- Connect with product teams to ensure that our team builds solutions which support their most important development workflows
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Mentor and guide your peers, while also learning from their diverse experiences
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience with development workflows for mobile apps built with React Native,
- Hands on experience with React Hooks,state management with Redux, React functional components and design patterns
- A quality-driven approach to development with a desire to keep things simple
- Enjoy collaborating with and mentoring colleagues
- Passionate about technology and learning new things
- Willingness to make continuous improvements to teams and technology
- Experience with AngularJS is a plus (currently ~75% of our web app is written in AngularJS)
- Experience building production apps, knowing app delivery lifecycles, reviews, TestFlight testing setup
- Understanding Java / Objective C to be able to solve more complex mobile problems
Our Tech Stack:
Web: AngularJS, React, TypeScript, Mocha + Chai, Jest, Storybook, less, styled-components, webpack
Mobile (iOS and Android): React Native, Redux, Redux Observables, Redux-Form, React Navigation, CodePush, TypeScript, Flow
Cross-Platform: Figma, Design System
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?