UI / UX Designer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
UI / UX Designer Role
You’ll be expected to own your space: work with all disciplines on your team to build, launch and iterate. You will work closely with the product team to conceptualize and execute on designs to solve problems for our products. This is a very rare opportunity that will put you in the position of total ownership of whole product from design perspective without the risk of starting your own company. Every designer at Hive has responsibility of a whole product, although we encourage the team to provide feedback to each other.
You are a talented designer who consistently delivers visuals and interactions of highest quality on timelines that would be unrealistic for many others. You take pride in your creative vision, execution and communication skills. You are a strong individual contributor, but also a team player. You enjoy taking ownership of full products, and are stifled by large design organizations.
You get a rush from seeing your designs live in the real world.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Utilize OWASP top 10 techniques to secure code from vulnerabilities
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- 1+ year of experience designing consumer and mobile products
- Had ownership of many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
- Highly skilled in using design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch and/or Invision
- Biased toward action and execution. You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work
- Great communication skills that help you work with product and engineering to make product visions come to life
- Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A / B test
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us
Nice to Have
- Work experience at a leading consumer technology company like Uber, Airbnb, Houzz, Square etc.
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company. Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $60,000 - $100,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.