Product Manager, Hive Models
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Product Manager, Hive Models Role
As a Product Manager on our Hive Models team, you will work cross-functionally with all stakeholders to define product requirements and see the implementation through to completion, leading development efforts between our Machine Learning, Core Infrastructure, and Product teams. You will play a crucial role in the core of our business: our cloud-hosted deep learning models. You are both the foundation and the catalyst for Hive’s growth; you are a key reference for our existing clients and are relentless in delivering on our innovative capabilities.
- Own the roadmap, functional requirements, and development timeline for our Hive Models
- Gain deep understanding of our customers’ needs across various industries
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Help engineering and product teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans, and track progress against those plans
- Own our Hive Models portfolio, understanding the needs of the product development teams, and envisioning and executing the creation of our deep learning models that can provide human-like interpretation of video, image, audio and text
- Clearly communicate product benefits to our users and internal stakeholders
- Work with the executive team to determine top priorities, help define new features, and improve models habitually
- Measure engineering velocity, and help identify and establish new best practices to improve the speed and security at which projects are delivered
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- You have hands-on experience with modern machine learning libraries, frameworks, and technologies
- You have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- You have a working knowledge of functional programming languages such as Python or Node.JS
- You have 2-3 years of combined Machine Learning and Product Management experience
- You are comfortable with — and can thrive in — an environment that is constantly changing, frequently uncertain, and at times chaotic
- You are detail-oriented, organized, collaborative, and hands-on
- You have experience leading a team, and effectively implementing team goals and deadlines
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $100,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.