Product Manager, Hive Media
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Product Manager, Hive Media Role
We are looking for a talented Product Manager candidate to join our Hive Media team, a unit of the business focused on serving media companies, agencies, and advertisers with AI-powered products. The scope of your responsibility will include our existing set of enterprise products for the media & entertainment industry as well as continued product development and expansion.
Product managers are an essential part of the Hive team, working effectively across all disciplines to build, launch, and iterate. You will work closely with all stakeholders to define product requirements and see implementation through to completion, leading development efforts between engineering and design. You will play a central role in helping each team succeed and promoting productivity, efficiency, risk management, and continuous improvement. You are passionate about organization, experienced in working with agile teams, have strong business judgment and a good understanding of best practices in software engineering, highly effective in communicating and problem solving, and have experience managing enterprise projects.
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery across Hive Media products
- Gain deep understanding of our enterprise customers’ needs
- Mock up concepts, write specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to ship your products
- Work closely with teams comprised of executives, engineers, designers, and sales - and play a critical role in planning of projects to ensure the timely delivery of quality products and features
- Help teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans, and track progress against those plans
- Work with teams to drive alignment, remove blockers, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints throughout project lifecycles
- Facilitate the resolution of timing conflicts, project collisions, and resourcing constraints, and identify and remove bottlenecks
- Work with leadership to determine top priorities and ensure development work reflects those priorities
- Communicate plans, status, risks (and mitigations) to all stakeholders, escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure
- Measure engineering velocity, and help identify and establish new best practices to improve the speed and security at which projects are delivered
- Hold yourself and team members accountable to timelines
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- Bachelor's degree preferably with coursework including computer science or a related technical field, and/or an MBA from a top graduate business program
- Preferred: You have 1-3 years of work experience at a top management consulting firm
- Strong business judgment that can connect customer needs to product experiences
- Track record of building web products, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Passion for and familiarity with the media & entertainment industry
- Technical experience with any of the following: data, analytics, design or engineering
- Technical depth that lets you understand tradeoffs and ask engineers insightful questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Experience working with engineering, design, and customers in enterprise software or related technical fields
- Experience leading a team, and effectively implementing team goals and deadlines
- Detail oriented; organized; collaborative; hands on
- Exceptionally clear and precise communication skills
- Self-starter, capable of staying on track while pursuing solutions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort with — and an ability to thrive in — an environment that is constantly changing, frequently uncertain, and at times chaotic
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession not only with building new products but with continuous product improvement
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $100,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
See more open positions at Hive
Something looks off?