Legal Operations Analyst
IT, Legal, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Legal Operations Analyst Role
As our Legal Operations Analyst, you will partner with the executives and teams across the board to guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that improve the way we function. You will focus on creating and maintaining records as well as enforcing applicable company policies and principles. We are looking for an ambitious and innovative individual who is mission-driven and process-minded in a legal operations setting. Reporting to general counsel, you will work closely with our legal team and take charge of data management, process optimization, and overall legal operations. You will assist with departmental financial management and cross-functional alignment with company departments such as People Operations, Engineering, and finance. Our ideal candidate regularly uses data analytics and metrics to examine inefficient processes and bottlenecks that increase costs and resource utilization for the legal team.
- Help general counsel to define and drive strategic and operational initiatives with on-time and on-budget results
- Actively assess the legal team’s regular operations to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop specific objectives and a roadmap for achieving them to transform key processes and enhance performance
- Determine the metrics which will be used to evaluate success
- Enthusiastically collaborate with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Business Development, Client Delivery, Engineering, and People Operations
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have 1-2 years of experience in legal project operations and management
- You have a proven ability to work long workweeks when needed
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- You have demonstrated success in a competitive environment
- Strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- You’re driven. No one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $50,000 - $70,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.