Chief of Staff
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Chief of Staff Role
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented Chief of Staff to work closely with our executive team to help streamline our productivity and oversee critical internal operations. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management or administrative role, with a focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. You will act as a liaison by managing staff, attending meetings and company functions, and communicating on behalf of our executive team. You’ll be wearing many different hats, so if you’re quick on your feet and are willing to take on any challenge, big or small, this is the job for you!
- Manage executive team members’ schedules and execute on high-priority tasks and projects
- Communicate with senior management to ensure that daily internal operations are running smoothly
- Work closely with the HR Manager to address any employee concerns or issues related to onboarding, documentation, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, being able to answer any questions directed towards the executive team and working cross-functionally to address company-related inquiries
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have 2-5 years of administrative experience, preferably in a start-up environment
- You have a proven ability to work long workweeks when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have demonstrated success in a competitive, fast-paced environment
- You are highly self-motivated and ambitious in achieving goals
- Strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- You’re driven. No one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $90,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.